- A fascinating study that looks at the importance we tend to place on seeing others we feel similar to or aspire to engage with something. In this case it’s shopping but there is a fair amount of evidence to show that these findings aren’t limited to retail environments and that if you want to get people engaged with something there are some important messages to take away from this research.
- The second Research Intelligence Brief reports on some research from the University of Strathclyde which looks at what really creates meaningfulness for people at work.
- The third research briefing is an interesting paper about our how our emotions mediate our perceptions and ability to navigate organisational politics. The study proposes a useful model for making positive use of organisational politics.
- The forth research briefing our members got this week is from a paper just published which will interest anyone in L&D or who engages in training or teaching. It is a paper by a university Buiness Studies lecturer examining how you can use and integrate a social media App courses with great effect. I have tried the tools and activities suggested, with one of my new classes and they are really engaged in the topic now.
- We have previously sent our members a number of Research Briefings about the ‘Dark Triad’ of personality types – Narcissism, Machiavellianism and Psychopathy. In a study just published we have provided our members with a Research Briefing about an unusual study looking at what roles each of these personality types are best suited for in organisations.
Be impressively well-informed
Get your FREE organizational and people development research briefings, infographics, video research briefings, a free copy of The Oxford Review and more...
Be impressively well-informed and up-to-date
Be impressively well informed
Get the very latest research intelligence briefings, video research briefings, infographics and more sent direct to you as they are published
Be the most impressively well-informed and up-to-date person around...